OUR ABSOLUTE LIGHTEST CARBON ROAD WHEELS - These wheels take our amazing Ultima C38 set to the next level.
- Lower profile C28 front rim to reduce weight, improve handling and reduce effects of cross winds on the wheel. This results in quicker acceleration, easier directional change and a more stable ride.
- Upgraded to our Craftworx Ultima SL hubs. At only 247 grams, these are one of the lightest hubs on the market. But unlike some 'lightweight' hubs that cut corners and leave things out, we have achived crazy low weights through better engineering, design and superior materials.
- Upgraded to bladed spokes. Bladed spokes are butted (thinned out to reduce weight) and the flattened reducing their footprint in the air, therefore creating less drag. This also makes the spoke lighter and stronger - Win + Win!
- Upgraded quick release skewers to our Titanium version for extra weight saving (only 16 grams, but every little bit counts!!)
- Will I notice a difference you ask?? You betcha! As good as the Ultima C38's are, these are next level again!
The Result is a lighter and more responsive wheel set for riders who want greater performance.
Yes, it comes at a greater price, but the performance improvements are very noticable!
The 25mm wide carbon rim is perfect for running 23mm, 25mm and 28mm road tyres allowing you to fine tune ride comfort and road handling. Suited to riders 50-90kgs.
There is also a HD - Heavy Dutyversion available for riders up to 110kg's
RACE PROVEN, UCI APPROVED CARBON ROAD WHEELS - Designed to perform at an elite level, yet affordable to all riders. No fake promises, just results. World Class Triathlete Emma Jackson rode our Ultima C28 Carbon wheels to 2 World Cup Race Podiums! Not everyone who rides our Ultima carbon wheels races, but it’s still comforting to know they are manufactured to, and exceed, UCI testing requirements.
HAND BUILT TO PERFECTION -Every wheel set is hand built by us here at Craftworx in our Brisbane workshop. We are wheel building specialists. Over time, we have perfected our wheel building craft. We have all the latest hi-tech equipment and follow a strict quality control process with every wheel to ensure it is built to our exacting standards. They have to be perfect!
HIGH PERFORMANCE, LOW TEMPERATURE, BRAKING SURFACE - In wet or dry conditions, Ultima carbon wheels stop with ease. Our carbon rims and brake pads have been developed to resist heat build up ( the biggest single reason why carbon rims “melt or delaminate” under prolonged braking ). Want proof, Emma Jackson, 4 months training in European Alps. 6,875km. Total elevation gain 76,200m. Longest descent 20 minutes. End result, zero wear on carbon rims, brake pad wear at 55%.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE BOX - Craftworx carbon brake pads, specially formulated for optimal braking performance in all weather and riding conditions. Supedooper lightweight TITANIUM quick release skewers, 54 grams. Craftworx rim tapes. Wheel care instructions and of course, the wheels!