Great for quality custom wheel builds, Craftworx C23 road hubs are lightweight and affordable.
Design parameters for our C23 hubs; create high performance hubs at a more economical price point without compromising on durability and reliability.
The C23’s alloy hub bodies are cold forged, then machined producing a high strength body at a lower cost than our other Craftworx hubs. The freehub body is precision machined from a solid alloy billet then heat treated for additional strength.
C23 hubs run 4 Enduro sealed bearings in the rear hub and two in the front hub. Enduro bearings were chosen for their all round reliability and performance.
Shimano and Sram 11 Speed compatible, they are available in a 24 hole front, 28 hole rear drilling option. When paired with quality rims and spokes, this is the ideal lacing combination for building lightweight, strong and reliable wheels.
To follow the current trend for faster engaging hubs with more teeth and more pawls, we would have to compromise on durability and strength of design. After analyzing and testing, we found that 3 synchronized pawls engaging simultaneously was the ideal combination for a light smooth and not too noisy mechanism.
High performance hubs require servicing to keep them running at their best. We recommend having your C23 hubs serviced every 10,000 kms.
The lEnduro bearings used in our C23 hubs have an optimum working life and should be checked, and when necessary, replaced during the service.
Freehub bodies should be checked for wear and when necessary replaced during servicing. Modern cassette designs tend to “bed in”, creating grooves in the hardened alloy body. Over time and use grooves become deeper, making it hard to remove and replace the cassette.
We carry replacement bearings and freehub bodies for our C23 hubs, they are available on our web site and are affordable to replace.
- Type : Craftworx C23 Road Hubs
- Drillings Front : 24H
- Drillings Rear : 28H
- O.L.D Front : 100mm
- O.L.D Rear : 130mm
- Materials : Body AL6061 - Axle AL7075 - Freehub AL7075
- Freehub Compatibility : Shimano, SRAM, 11, 10, 9 Speed
- Freehub Engagement : 3 Pawls
- Finish : Corrosion Protecting Anodized Finish, Laser Etched Logo
- Bearings : Enduro Sealed - Front x 2 - Rear x 4
- Front Hub Weight : 64g
- Rear Hub Weight : 202g
- Lacing Patterns Front : Suitable for Radial or Cross
- Lacing Patterns Rear Drive Side : Cross Lacing Only
- Lacing Patterns Rear Non Drive : Radial or Cross
- Spoke Type : J-Bend
- Spoke Gauge : 14G - 2.0mm
- Spoke Tension : Maximum 100 kgf
- Recommended Rider Weight : Up to 90kg
- Recommended Use : Road